Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Sunny in Syracuse


It's too early to declare Spring, but it was 60 and sunny today. This was by far the nicest day of the year so far. I saw more cyclists on the roads today than I've seen in a long time. Part of me was psyched to see people out, but there was also the bitter man in me that was a little annoyed.

For those of us that spent the dead of winter riding in sub freezing temperatures, I kind of feel like we should get to enjoy the first day of Spring by ourselves. We've earned it. I haven't made it to church in a number of years for fear of bursting into flames upon entering the church, but today reminded me of going to church during the holidays as a kid. It seemed like every holiday, everyone came out of the woodwork and stole all of the good seats. Here I was going to church every week and some some Johnny come lately who goes to church twice a year stole my seat. I realize that isn't very Christian of me, but as I mentioned I no longer go to church . . .

After work I took the dogs hiking. When I got to the park, the lot was practically full. Again, me and the dogs have been hiking all winter, and now a bunch of people who had apparently locked themselves and their dogs in the house all winter were ready to drag their pasty asses outdoors.

At the end of the day I rode the trainer hard. I'll get to ride outside in shorts eventually.

If I sound a little bitter, I figure Andy Rooney is getting pretty old and someones gonna need to fill his seat. Maybe I'll get a try out on 60 Minutes when he kicks. Out of control eyebrows and bad attitudes run in the family, so that can't hurt my chances.

1 comment:

bluecolnago said...

i hear ya on the "where ya been all winter" riders. good luck with the rooney gig.