Thursday, July 23, 2009

Random Randomness

It's getting to be that point in the season. The road season is winding down and CX won't be in full swing for a couple of months. There are still a few road races on the horizon, but the motivation to do well is definitely waning.

On a more positive note, I have a new 2010 Ridley X-Fire on order, new tubular wheels sitting in my dining room/bike gear storage room, and Challenge Fango's stretching. Life is good. When the Ridley arrives, it will be very good.

Last week I spent 5 days in Vegas for work. Long days, too many cocktails, and too little sleep. I managed to hit the gym 3 days but the bikes were less than stellar. 20 bucks a day to work out also. Gotta love Vegas. My first night there UFC 100 was taking place at my hotel. That made for a very interesting crowd. I have the tattoo's, but not the biceps to hang with that crowd. There were a lot of big dude's with sketchy tat's and sketchier women. I had to make a concerted effort not to look at anyone's lady. The last thing I needed was to offend some roidhead all pumped up on UFC night. At 130 something pounds, my ground game isn't that good.

The highlight of the night, was without a doubt, seeing a blond girl in the hallway of my floor with a drink in one hand and a tiny baby strapped to her chest. It was about midnight, so that's gotta be good for a baby. The baby scene's in The Hangover were pretty funny, but seeing it in real life, in Vegas none the less, was an unexpected twist.

After getting home, I tried to stay loose for the Owasco Stage, er uh, road race. Apparently the organizers couldn't pull of an actual stage race and switched it to a one day road race instead. I guess that's better than last year when they canceled the whole thing outright. I went into the race with pretty low expectations. Things have been going too well for me this year, and it was time to suck. Suck I did. Got dropped early, rode as hard as I could and chalked it up to a hard training ride.

Short of a tough TNTS race Tuesday night, this week is supposed to be an easy one. Time to regroup and get ready for the second half of the season.

Hopefully everyone is enjoying the Tour this year. As interesting as this one has been, next years should be far more interesting with Lance and Contador on separate teams. Personally I might be rooting for Andy Schleck. Time will tell.

No comments: