Monday, April 13, 2009

$30?


subliminal note .... start the cash register noise from "Money" by Pink Floyd here as you read this ..... end subliminal note


Maybe all this depressing economy talk has me paying more attention. I was looking over some upcoming races and noted a trend for registration fees to be at the $30 mark for a single day, fairly standard, no frills, regional road race. Now I'm wondering ... holy crap, did I pay that much last year? .... am I willing to pay that this year? If I stay home, get in a good 2-3 hours of riding, I'll probably have two or three extra $20's in my pocket with which I can buy some wonderful Belgian style recovery beverage (did someone say Ommegang?) and might have enough for a CX tire.... just "don't give me that do goody good bullshit"

No comments: