Sunday, August 1, 2010

Plea for Help

Yo,   Drumroll's liver here.  Hey, yeah you, shhh, keep it down (plz), I don't want him to get worked up -- he's sensitive about these things .. well that and that umm, well other thing.  Seriously though, I need some serious help.  I don't know what the heck happened this past weekend but he's workin' me way too hard.  I cannot keep this pace up.  Even the kidney & bladder are getting pissed.

It started Friday with some kind of freakin desert wine .. nothing crazy for a Friday eve but this is where it started.

Saturday all hell broke loose.  He's what I dealt with ... Ommegang BPA, Ommegang Zuur, Ommegang Tripel, 2004 Ommegang 3 Phils, 3007 Ommegang 3 Phils, Ommegang Cup 'o Kyndness, Maredsous Blonde, Maredsous Tripel, Allagash Larry, Liefman's Cuvee Brut, and something from Brouwerji Palm I can't even try to spell, pronounce ... or remember....and keep in mind,  we're not talking Coors Light here kids -- this is good ol fashion high test Belgian elixir.

And then the jackarse gets up and decides to do a freakin mountain bike race the next morning... and he ends up doing quite well ... until his chain broke.  I prepared for the worst (he was kinda bummed) but he just went home completely skipping the free beers.  Well he must have stewed for a while cause next thing I know he's double fisting a Middle Ages Wit and Wailing Wench at their anniversary party in the 'Cuse.   After helping his mate finish her Wailing Wench (ironic), he's handed a Druid Fluid.  Thinking thank goodness he's done, he heads home, orders up a pizza and guess what he washes it down with .. a Sam Adams from the fridge.   Aughhh.

I know the Tour de France is over and those guys are probably knocking back a few on the beach but what's the deal here?  It's not like he even watched any of the tour.  While I am not a big fan of all the extra labor involved, I do have to hand it to the lad for his choices ... he at least is finding the good stuff.  So tomorrow is a rest day and I dearly hope he considers his beat up liver in this great rest formula as well.  

No comments: