Sunday, December 21, 2008

Wine, Toys, snow & Caroline


Ahh, another fine wine on a crappy winter night. As with many Spanish wines, this is a great value. This may be the first weekend I did not ride outside in many many months. Good news/bad news is I was able to slog in the snowshoes at Green Lakes for an hour on Sat. In my world slog = slow, snowshoe type jog. Wanna crank up the HR? .... put on some s'shoes and go for a 'lil jog in about 6" of powder. Other good news/bad news is my man-boobs are sore. I actually lifted some weights Fri am (again for the first time in many months). Had the Toys for Tots event at Syracuse bike Weds eve -- lots of Ommegang empties afterwards and the box of toys overflowed w/generosity. Got a bug up my arse about the Caroline Kennedy thing ... who the frick does she think she is? Go away -- shouldn't you be living in Nantucket or Martha's Vineyard or something. I have liked what the new Gov has stood for so far -- he has had the balls to say hey, we're goin broke here and we all need to accept a little tough love and has stuck to his guns in spite of all the bitchin. Now w/Sweet Caroline "expressing an interest" in this senate seat, we will see if he is truly his own man. And now that I think about it ... Hey Gov, I have an interest in Hillary's seat too !! Where can I sign up? I mean aside from having Kennedy as a last name and a few zillion dollars more than I, I do not think Ms. Caroline's credentials are really any better than mine. I should be an upstate wet dream .. born here, schooled here, worked here, and played here my whole damn life. I've skied Whiteface, ate Dinosaur, partied at SPAC, froze my ass at a Bills game, stood atop Mt. Marcy, drank Dome Foam, ran the Boilermaker, fished for Salmon in Pulaski (& Oswego), baled hay, shoveled shit and miked cows here, sampled wine at Dr. Frank's, NASCAR at the Glen, rafted the Moose, split wood, snowmobiled, won money at Saratoga (lost some too), rode my bike all over the state and washed down a Hoffman's coney with an Ommegang while camping at a New York State park in a tent damnit .... Ahhh, Ahhh , Ahhhhhhh (as Sam Kinison would say). This country needs an enema and I got my wetsuit, goggles, hard hat, chain lube and a great big hose handy to report for duty. I'm talking a national holiday for 'cross with CX Nats on the Whitehouse lawn baby. Drumroll for Senate !!

1 comment:

bluecolnago said...

i hope you kick kennedy's ass....